Finder’s survey shows Australia having the third highest rate of crypto ownership in the world.
Be a Part of the Movement
As one country after the other adapts to a cryptocurrency friendly future, some people are extra keen to be a part of the movement. According to a recent survey, Australia has claimed the number 3 spot in terms of its people’s crypto ownership.
The survey was done by the company Finder and measured the growth of crypto globally through a survey of more than 41,600 individuals across 22 countries. It turns out Australians are some of the biggest crypto fans and it clearly shows.
Key Crypto Trends in Australia
Just like in any survey, some results weigh heavier than others and looking at this one, the key points to take in are the following four:
– Australia has the world’s 3rd highest rate of cryptocurrency ownership at 17.8%.
– Of those that own crypto, more than half (65.2%) own Bitcoin — the 5th highest percentage of all 22 countries.
– 26.4% of Australian crypto owners hold Cardano, the highest percentage globally.
– Men are 1.5 times more likely to own cryptocurrency than women.
Helpful Laws and Regulations
The CEO of Finder, Fred Schebesta, commented on the results by leaving the following statement to CoinDesk during an interview.
“Australians love to gamble. They are also super savvy in terms of finance … the laws around crypto make it super smooth to buy and sell.”
Having favorable laws and regulations will make things easier for people to dip their toes in the crypto waters and hopefully other countries will make adjustments soon enough.
Bitcoin Gathers the Most Interest
Just above 1,000 Australian adults were surveyed and while the global average of crypto ownership is at 11.4%, Australians claim the number 3 spot with a clearly higher 17.8%.
As almost 1 of 5 Australian adults own some form of cryptocurrency, what are their favorite coins and how does the split look? Well, it comes as no surprise that Bitcoin is the most popular kid in school, followed by Ethereum. Being one of the top performers of 2021, Cardano is the third most popular crypto for Aussies.
Slight Difference Between Genders
While the above numbers show the crypto ownership as a country. Let’s take a look at the breakdown between men and women.
According to the survey, roughly 21.8% of men and 14.1% of women claim to own some cryptocurrency. Out of all Australian crypto owners, the split between men and women are 59.6% men vs 40.4% women.
Cryptocurrency adoption statistics by country
With a continuous soaring interest in crypto, here are some of the key points on global scale:
– A little over 1 in 10 (11.4%) adults own crypto globally.
– Nigeria, Malaysia and Australia have the highest rates of cryptocurrency ownership among internet users, with the US ranking in 10th place.
– Japan has the lowest adoption, with only 4.6% of adults saying they own any cryptocurrency
– Of those that own cryptocurrency, Bitcoin is the most dominant in Japan, South Africa and Singapore.
– Globally, men are 1.4 times more likely to own cryptocurrency than women.
Leave a Reply