Welcome to the BCK Knowledge Base page! If you are new to Bitcoin casinos, you are in the right place. This is my guide on how to start playing in no time – A Beginner’s Guide to Bitcoin Casinos 2023.
This is a guide directed at beginners. You probably know just something about Bitcoin and would like to try Bitcoin casinos. But there may be some things you would like to confirm before starting. This guide includes all you need to know about Bitcoin casinos explained step-by-step:
- How to get Bitcoins using a safe Bitcoin Exchange?
- How to pick a Bitcoin wallet and transfer the Bitcoins to your wallet?
- How to choose a Bitcoin casino?
- How to deposit Bitcoins to the Bitcoin casino of your choice?
- How to withdraw Bitcoins back to your Bitcoin wallet?
This page contains affiliate links. Read the affiliate disclosure here.
1. Choosing a Bitcoin Exchange
First, you need to get some Bitcoins. You can exchange your Euros, US Dollars, or other regular currencies for Bitcoins in crypto exchanges online. There are many different Bitcoin exchanges, and some of the most popular and safest ones are listed here:
- Binance – Binance is one of the largest and most well-known exchanges, offering a wide range of cryptocurrencies for trading. Bitcoin casino players might prefer it for its liquidity, various trading pairs, and user-friendly interface.
- Coinbase – Coinbase is beginner-friendly and has a strong reputation for security. Players may prefer it for its ease of use, regulatory compliance, and insurance coverage on digital assets.
- Kraken – Known for its security features, Kraken offers advanced trading options and a wide range of cryptocurrencies. Players might choose Kraken for its strong security measures and comprehensive trading tools.
- Gemini – Gemini is a regulated exchange known for its security and user-friendly interface. Casino players might prefer Gemini for its regulatory compliance and insurance coverage on digital assets.
- Huobi – Huobi offers a variety of cryptocurrencies and trading options. Players looking for a diverse range of tokens and an international presence might choose Huobi.
How to Buy Bitcoins
One of the top exchanges I am most familiar with is Bitstamp, so I will use them as my example for this guide. Here are all the steps you need to take to buy Bitcoins. Even though this example is about Bitstamp, the phases are very similar when using other Bitcoin exchanges, such as Coinbase or Kraken.
First up, you must create your account for Bitstamp. You will need an email address and a strong password.
Security tips when choosing your password:
- Use a long, random password not used anywhere else. The longer the password, the better. I have used random passwords from Random.org. For example, a 16-character password with numbers, small and large caps would take about 539886407674 years and 11 months to crack, which should be enough.
- But for example, 8 character password with only small caps needs just 1 minute and 13 seconds to crack, which is important to be aware of.
- Store your password in a safe location. Some people like to store their passwords only on paper, which is safe from hackers but has, of course, other risks if somebody will find your note. But that’s up to you to decide. Having a long, strong password is a very good start!
- Also, activating 2-factor authentication (2FA) is a very good idea. This will add a lot security as you must use your mobile phone in addition to your username and password. Remember to back up the 2-factor backup keys in a safe place in case your phone gets lost, or you change it.
After opening your account and verifying your email by clicking the link there, you need to enter your personal details. Bitstamp needs your name, address, and some KYC information, like an image of an ID or a passport.
Credit card payment at Bitstamp
The easiest way to get Bitcoins at Bitstamp is to make a credit card payment. The credit card deposit screen looks like this.
Basically, it will make an instant buy that converts straight to the crypto you like with the best exchange rate at the moment.
You can pick pre-set amounts like 100, 250, or 500 USD/EUR or set your own amount. This is really easy and works like a charm.
Instead of a credit card payment, you can also try a bank transfer.
Bank transfers at Bitstamp
If you don’t want to use a credit card, you can also make a bank transfer to Bitstamp. This needs a bit more attention as you must be very careful to enter the right details for your bank transfer.
This method usually takes 1 day, but sometimes my transfers have gone through in a few hours if you made the payment early in the daytime.
Here are some screenshots of how this payment method looks like at Bitstamp.
Be really careful when making the payment, especially the message written in orange must be included.
Making the order to trade Euros or US Dollars to Bitcoins
If you made the bank transfer, you must trade your regular currency to Bitcoins. Here’s how it’s done on Bitstamp.
Go to the Markets on the menu. The easiest way is to make an instant order. In this order type, you must only specify how much Euros or US Dollars you want to spend. Then the order will be made with the present exchange rate. There is a small fee in the trade, like in all cryptocurrency exchanges.
If you want to be more specific with the Bitcoin exchange rate, you can try the Limit order. In this order type, you must specify how much Bitcoin you want to buy and at what buy price.
If you click the buttons 25%, 50 %, etc., the most recent buy price will appear in the box like in the image below. You can also see the present buying and selling orders for that moment.
When you set the limit order, if somebody wants to sell Bitcoins at that price, a deal has been made, and you now own Bitcoin.
When your order has gone through, you can check your Bitcoin balance from Account -> Overview.
Now you should be a brand new owner of fresh Bitcoins! Next up, I will give you some tips for choosing your Bitcoin wallet.
2. Choosing a Bitcoin wallet
Usually, Bitcoin exchanges don’t allow you to transfer Bitcoins to a Bitcoin casino. Of course, it’s possible for you to succeed in that, but my recommendation is to transfer the Bitcoins first to your own Bitcoin wallet.
When using a Bitcoin wallet, you are the only one controlling the Bitcoins. So in case there is a security breach on a Bitcoin exchange (very unlikely, but possible), your Bitcoins will be safe if you transferred them to your own Bitcoin wallet.
Top Bitcoin Wallets for iPhone and Android
Here’s a list of the most popular Bitcoin wallets for iPhone and Android:
- BRD– This mobile wallet focuses on simplicity and security, making it perfect for on-the-go casino players who want quick access to their Bitcoin without compromising safety.
- Electrum – Known for its speed and security, Electrum is a lightweight wallet that’s great for beginners. Its compatibility with hardware wallets adds an extra layer of protection for casino players concerned about security.
- Exodus – With an intuitive interface, Exodus supports a wide range of cryptocurrencies, making it versatile for players who dabble in various coins while enjoying online casinos.
- Atomic Wallet – Ideal for those who often swap between different cryptocurrencies, Atomic Wallet’s built-in exchange feature allows seamless transitions between coins before placing bets.
- Trust Wallet – Backed by Binance, Trust Wallet is a user-friendly option for casino players who are part of the Binance ecosystem, offering easy access to both Binance and decentralized exchanges.
As I am really familiar with BRD Bitcoin wallet, I will be concentrating on using BRD in this article.
BRD Bitcoin wallet for iPhone and Android
This is the software wallet I have been using for years, and BRD has always worked great for me. It can be found for iPhone or Android phones.
When you launch the app for the first time, you need to create a 6-digit passcode. You can also use face recognition to access your BRD account.
What if you lose your phone or you buy a new phone? No problem! When creating your BRD account, you must write down a list of 12 phrases. This combination serves as a backup seed for your BRD account, and if that list is written down somewhere safe, you can always restore your BRD account and Bitcoin with that list.
Usually, BRD has worked fine, and I haven’t had any major problems. One negative side is that sometimes syncing the BRD account will take a long time when I launch the app after a break. Sometimes the syncing will go through fast. So I haven’t got an idea what is the reason for that, but in general, BRD just works.
Top Hardware Bitcoin Wallets
There are a number of reasons why BTC casino players might prefer a hardware wallet over software, including enhanced security, stronger control and ownership of your coins, and easier backup and recovery.
Here are the top 5 hardware wallets for Bitcoin.
- Ledger Nano S/X – Known for its robust security features and support for a wide range of cryptocurrencies, the Ledger Nano series is ideal for casino players who prioritize the safety of their digital assets.
- Trezor Model T – Trezor’s touchscreen Model T offers advanced security features and compatibility with various cryptocurrencies, making it a solid choice for casino players seeking enhanced protection.
- KeepKey – With a large display and ease of use, KeepKey is perfect for casino players who value a simple interface and want to securely store their Bitcoin and other cryptos.
- Ellipal Titan – With an air-gapped design and touchscreen interface, Ellipal Titan suits casino players who prioritize maximum isolation of their private keys while enjoying their gaming.
- COLDCARD Mk3 – A Bitcoin-focused hardware wallet with strong security features, COLDCARD Mk3 is tailored for serious casino players who are focused primarily on Bitcoin holdings.
Next, I will tell you how to transfer your Bitcoins from the Bitcoin exchange (like Bitstamp) to your new Bitcoin wallet (like BRD).
3. Transferring Bitcoins to your wallet
Here’s how to transfer your Bitcoins from the Bitcoin exchange (like Bitstamp) to your new Bitcoin wallet (like BRD). In this example, I will be using Bitstamp and BRD, but the steps are very similar if you use another exchange or Bitcoin wallet.
First, you must check for your Bitcoin deposit address from BRD. You can find this screen on BRD by selecting Bitcoin and Receive.
Copy that long address to your clipboard.
TIP 1: Note that this address will always point to your Bitcoin wallet, but the address can change if there are changes within BRD app. Both or all Bitcoin addresses still point to your own Bitcoin wallet. So you can have multiple deposit addresses that all are functioning.
TIP 2: If you use Bitstamp on a desktop computer, I have usually sent the Bitcoin deposit address from iPhone to the desktop computer via the Notes app. You can also use Airdrop to send text. Just highlight the deposit address from your Notes app and hit “share”. Then you can pick Airdrop, and the address will be on your desktop computer. Also, email will work fine in this situation, as the deposit address is not a security risk if someone finds it. I have used Apple products, but similar methods also work in the Android and PC worlds.
OK, now you have the BRD Bitcoin deposit address. Then go to Bitstamp -> Withdrawal -> Cryptocurrency. From there, choose Bitcoin as cryptocurrency and paste your deposit code from BRD to the Destination BTC Address. An address label is not needed; it’s optional.
Enter the amount of Bitcoins you want to transfer and hit Authenticate and withdraw.
Now your Bitcoins should arrive in your Bitcoin wallet soon. Usually, you can see the transfer in a few minutes, and it is fully confirmed in 5-30 minutes, depending on the Bitcoin blockchain traffic.
Security tips for Bitcoin addresses:
Usually, writing down the address one character at a time is not a good idea. It is very likely you make an error at some point. The wisest way is to always use Copy and Paste. I also check the start and the end of the address for few times idiot check to be sure I didn’t accidentally remove the first or last characters of the address.
Next up, how to choose a Bitcoin casino!
4. Choosing the Best Bitcoin Casino for You!
I will cover how to choose a Bitcoin Casino here shortly. This website is full of tips on how to pick the right one for you, but here are some points where you can start your Bitcoin casino journey!
Bitcoin and cryptocurrency casinos can be divided into a few different types.
Regular Bitcoin Casinos
I call these casinos regular Bitcoin casinos. They offer the possibility to play fully with Bitcoins or other cryptocurrencies. But at the same time, they offer huge numbers of regular casino games from standard casino game providers like Pragmatic Play, Booming Games, or Yggdrasil.
For example, you can play top online slots, such as The Dog House slot from Pragmatic Play.
These regular Bitcoin casinos also offer a lot of deposit bonuses. Here you can read more about the bonuses. Please note that almost all bonuses have wagering requirements which you have to clear out before you can withdraw your possible winnings.
Great choices for regular Bitcoin casinos are, for example:
These types of Bitcoin casinos are probably the most popular type among crypto players. So if you like a wide variety of high-quality casino games, they could be a good choice for you.
Here you can read more about more Bitcoin casinos reviewed.
Provably fair Bitcoin casinos and dice sites
These types of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency casinos are very unique, and they cannot be found outside the cryptocurrency world. These provably fair cryptocurrency casinos also have their trusted fanbase.
What you are lacking compared to regular Bitcoin casinos is the amount of games and general casino game quality. But instead, you get a very low casino house edge, which is a good plus. On the other hand, provably fair casinos usually don’t have any deposit bonuses to any players.
Provably fair means that all the games can be proven to be fair and totally random. This needs some expertise in computer science and mathematics, but in general, it’s always good to know that the games run fair.
Here are some examples of provably fair cryptocurrency casinos that I recommend:
- CryptoGames – Founded in 2014 and offers 8 provably fair games like dice, slot, blackjack, roulette, and many more.
- Primedice – Founded back in 2013, it was one of the first Bitcoin dice sites. Offers support to 6 cryptocurrencies and one provably fair dice game.
- Stake.com – Offers 12 provably fair games like Dice, Video Poker, Blackjack, Roulette, Keno, Mines, and a lot more!
Casinos that offer only Bitcoin or cryptocurrency deposits
These casinos are somewhat half-Bitcoin or half-cryptocurrency casinos. Casinos like Diamond Reels offer only Bitcoin deposits that will convert to Euros or US Dollars right away.
So your casino playing happens with Euros or US Dollars. Some casinos have the possibility to withdraw the regular currencies back to Bitcoins when you want to cash out.
Next up, how to deposit Bitcoins to a Bitcoin Casino.
5. Depositing Bitcoins to a Bitcoin Casino
So how to deposit Bitcoins to a Bitcoin casino? It’s fairly simple.
First, go to the Bitcoin casino of your choice. In this example I am using BitStarz, which is one of my favorite sites. Just go to Menu -> Cashier -> Deposit (Bitcoins).
Then you will be presented a screen like below.
There you have your own Bitcoin deposit address (in the image, however, part of it is blurred). Copy that address to your clipboard.
Then go to BRD or whatever Bitcoin wallet you have chosen.
In the BRD app, choose Bitcoin as currency and hit Send. Then paste the Bitcoin deposit address from BitStarz to the part that says To.
Choose the amount of Bitcoins, choose Processing Speed to, for example, Regular (or any other you wish), and hit Send.
There is no need to put a memo there. That is just for you as a reminder.
In a few minutes, you should see the Bitcoins in the Bitcoin casino cashier. All Bitcoin verifications should go through in 5-30 minutes, depending on the Bitcoin blockchain traffic.
6. Withdrawing Bitcoins from a Bitcoin Casino
Withdrawing Bitcoin from a Bitcoin casino back to your Bitcoin wallet is an easy operation. It’s just like the deposit made backward.
First, go to your Bitcoin wallet (like BRD) and check your Bitcoin deposit address. That can be found by clicking Bitcoin and Receive.
Click your own Bitcoin deposit address, and it will be copied to your clipboard.
Then go to a Bitcoin casino (like BitStarz here). Hit Cashier, find the Bitcoin row and choose Cashout.
Enter the amount of Bitcoins you want to withdraw. Paste your own Bitcoin deposit address (from your Bitcoin wallet) to the Address field. Press Request Cashout when you have double-checked everything. Bitcoins should arrive in your Bitcoin wallet (BRD) soon in 5-30 minutes when BitStarz has activated the transfer.
I think now you should know pretty much all of the most important steps on how to play at Bitcoin casinos. Please let me know if you liked this article in the comment field below. And feel free to ask any questions if I missed something!
Sources for this article:
- BitStarz website
- Kraken website
- Kraken page on Wikipedia
- Coinbase website
- Coinbase page on Wikipedia
- Bitstamp website
- Bitstamp page on Wikipedia
Rate from 1 to 5 stars.