A lot of players refer to it as the most anticipated game of the year. I’m not willing to go that far but there’s no denying that Relax Gaming has hit the jackpot with its Money Train franchise. Our industry’s most popular choo-choo train has been rolling non-stop and dropping off bags of cash around the globe since it first hit the railroad in 2019.
From shuffling coal to get through the bandits of the Wild West before slowly transitioning into the future, the train has now entered the station once again. Seemingly supported by the next generation of Terminators, Money Train 4 promises huge payouts by carrying a 150,000x multiplier.
Time to Get On Board
Born to roam wild, the Money Train refuses to linger at one stop for too long. I think it’s time to find out what you need to do in order to get your hands on that precious cash. We must also take a closer look at the rest of the amenities onboard.
Let’s climb aboard this bad boy and see where it takes us. Are you coming?
I’ve always been a fan of the Money Train slots and my favorite train was Money Train 2. That version of the train was an absolute beast so I was hoping Relax Gaming didn’t stride too far away. Sadly, I don’t like the new look at all and it’s pretty lame.
Steampunk vs Terminators
The cool Steampunk theme was more obvious in the past versions. Looking at the new train, there’s clearly a clash between the symbols and the train in terms of the way they look. I can understand wanting to take another step into the future, and I guess the Terminators are there to make it look more violent but it’s a fail in my eyes.
Reels: 6 x 6
Bet Limits: €0.10 – €6
Paylines: Pays anywhere
Release Date: September 20, 2023
Features: Free Spins, Buy Bonus, Modifiers
Get Your Re-Spins
One of the main features in Money Train 4 is the Re-Spin. It can be triggered at the end of any given spin, so make sure you’re ready at all times. Once triggered, the symbol you see the most of on your screen will be selected and locked into place before the re-spin begins.
Build Your Multiplier
In the image above you can see how the symbols are locked in. Your mission is to land more of the same symbols on the re-spins but you can also get multipliers or an empty slot.
If you manage to land another symbol or a multiplier, you will get another re-spin. As far as your multiplier goes, you can keep building it and follow its progress on the meter on the left.
I enjoy re-spins and getting a few of them in a row while watching the multiplier grow is a beautiful thing.
Ready for a Shortcut?
On those days where scatters seem to be an endangered species, knowing you can cough up some dough and buy some Free Spins does help. In Money Train 4, you will have the option, thanks to the Buy Feature.
Relax Gaming is asking for 100x your bet, which isn’t too bad. This means that you are guaranteed to trigger the bonus round and getting a shot at a nice, big payout.
How to Play the Money Cart Bonus Round
It’s easier said than done but landing 3 scatters will open the gates to the bonus round, which should always be your goal. While the base game plays out in a sun drenched Star Wars environment, the bonus round takes place at night.
3 Spins Ready to Rock
With 3 spins in your pocket, if you want to win anything, you’ll have to land more symbols. In true Hold & Spin fashion, your count will reset to 3 when that happens. I know the panic can set in when you see that you’re down to your last spin but don’t worry, let the Casino Gods do their thing and you should be ok.
Expand the Playing Field
Whenever you fill a row with symbols, you will open up another row and make winning even more possible. No matter how much fun this seems, keep in mind that you will only be able to expand the reels 4 times.
Be Prepared to Get Help
A helping hand is always appreciated and for those of you who get to experience the bonus round first hand, know that you are not alone. There’s a lot of help available in the way of modifiers.
If you don’t believe me, just feast your eyes on this line up:
- Bonus Symbol – You can pick up a multiplier of up to 10x
- Collector – Will take all values on the screen and add to its own
- Persistent Collector – Like above but will repeat it after every single spin
- Adjacent Collector – All surrounding 8 positions will send over their value
- Persistent Adjacent Collector – Same as above for each and every spin
- Payer – Multiplies your bet and adds to all the rest
- Persistent Payer – Same as above for every spin
- Adjacent Payer – Will add the multiplier to the surrounding symbols
- Persistent Adjacent Payer – Again, the same on every spin
- Sniper – The tripper happy sniper doubles the value of 3-8 other symbols.
- Also available as Persistent Sniper
- Collector Payer – Selects from 3-5 targets and adds their values and pay them out
- Also available as Persistent Collector Payer
- Arms Dealer – Takes 1-4 symbols and transforms them into a feature version
- Available as a Persistent Arms Dealer
- Necromancer – Brings new life to 2-7 already used modifiers
- Available as a Persistent Necromancer
- Persistent Shapeshifter – Will turn into another modifier for each spin
- Unlocker – Fill up a row and you will unlock another one
- Reset Plus – Will give a +1 boost to the starting value
- Upgrader – Upgrade between 1-3 feature symbols
Money Train 4 – Pass or Play
Ok, so let’s go straight to business, I don’t give much for the base game, which I think is quite disappointing. With the only excitement being a potential re-spin, I would normally get off at the next station before witnessing the whole thing being derailed.
With that said, knowing how the bonus round can really turn on the excitement, I highly recommend getting there as soon as humanly possible. Even if it means you have to pay for it through the Bonus Buy, I would really consider doing so. It’s fun watching the modifiers go to work and make you money!
Big Wins Being Served Onboard
Despite me complaining about the direction of the train (no pun intended) in terms of design and the evolution of the game, there’s no denying there’s an opportunity to score some BIG WINS. How so? Because that’s what happens when there’s a 150,000x hiding in there somewhere. This in itself is a good enough reason to play Money Train 4.