Thunderkick is a Swedish casino game provider founded in 2012. The company started out as a tiny studio in Stockholm with only couple of guys. Since then Thunderkick has grown to a game studio with about 50 people being still a small company in the casino game industry.
All the games are developed within the walls of Thunderkick, so they have full control on the quality and the ideas. I think you can see that, because Thunderkick slot games are state-of-the-art quality and just on another level when compared to some other game providers.
According to Thunderkick, their strategy is to create kick-ass content that leaves no one untouched. I think Thunderkick has succeeded in that definitely. In my books Thunderkick makes probably the TOP 5 online casino games in the industry.
Thunderkick slot game features
Here are some features of Thunderkick slot games.
- Very high level of graphics and game animations. Especially the background music and sounds are on a top level, which is a field that many slot creators struggle.
- No turbo or fast mode on the slots.
- Informative info screens and game interface.
- All games are made with modern HTML5 technology that allows the slots to be played in all devices including desktop, tablets and mobile devices.
New Thunderkick slots
Here are some of the newest Thunderkick slot games introduced.
1. Beat the Beast Kraken’s Lair (Published Februry 2020)
Beat the Beast Kraken’s Lair is a brand new Kraken-themed slot game published in February 7, 2020. Kraken is a giant squid monster according to the Scandinavian and Norse folklore. You can read more about Kraken from Wikipedia, interesting stuff.
Kraken’s Lair is a 5 x 3 slot game with a free spins Bonus game and a 7777x bet maximum win. There are 9 pay lines with no special gimmicks there.
The RTP (Return to player) percentage is on standard level with 96.12 %. The variance is high, so in general you get bigger wins but less often.
Let’s look at the special features of Beat the Beast Kraken’s Lair.
The Kraken Emblem symbol (the Golden symbol) is a Scatter symbol and a Wild symbol. It substitutes any other symbol in the base and the bonus game.
The Kraken Emblem can generate both scatter pay and pay line wins.
If you get 3 or more Kraken Emblem symbols, you will trigger a Bonus Game with 10 free spins.
In the Bonus Game, a single Kraken Emblem symbol is randomly placed on the reels at the beginning of each free spin. You can also retrigger 10 extra free spins with 3 or more Kraken Emblem symbol during the Bonus Game.
The Expanding Win is a feature that occurs when a winning payline includes a Kraken Emblem symbol. The Kraken Emblem symbol will not expand, but other symbols in the win can do that. Expansion happens once per symbol.
Beat the Beast Kraken’s Lair is an excellent slot game in conclusion. There are not much special features, only the combined Scatter/Wild symbol and a free spins Bonus Game. And the Expanding Win of course. But I think it’s not a problem at all, because this slot works very fluently and is pleasant to play.
Maybe it is in the details as there are no weak points in this slot in my opinion. Fluent gameplay and high quality that is!
There are a lot of different Kraken slot game variants out there, but this version by Thunderkick is definitely one of the best of them. Well done Thunderkick!
Game released: February 2020
RTP (Return to player): 96.12 %
Layout: 5 x 3
Betting lines / combinations: 9
Max win: 7777x bet
2. Esqueleto Explosivo 2 (Published January 2020)
Esqueleto Explosivo 2 is a 5 reel slot game with a Mexican celebration theme. The Day of the Dead is celebrated on November 2 and it is a day when Mexicans celebrate their deceased relatives and friends.
In Mexican culture, death is viewed as a natural part of the human cycle. Mexicans view it not as a day of sadness but as a day of celebration because their loved ones awake and celebrate with them.
A common symbol of the holiday is the skull, which celebrants represent in masks called calacas. Sugar skulls can also be given as gifts to both the living and the dead.
Esqueleto Explosivo is Spanish and means exploding skeletons. So this slot Esqueleto Explosivo 2 has a strong theme from this Mexican holiday and it works very well. Here you can read more about the Day of the Dead holiday from Wikipedia.
Let’s look at this slot game features now. There are 99 pay lines. The symbols must be connected from left to right, either horizontally or diagonally, so no gaps are allowed in the paylines.
This slot has many special features. Dropping symbols will replace the symbols that had a win. There will be new Dropping symbols as long as there is a new connecting way to win.
Mucho Multipliers is an increasing multiplier shown below the reels. For each win on a symbol drop or when one or more Explosivo Wilds appears, the multiplier increases one level up.
The multipliers vary from x1 to x32, which is the maximum level in the main game. During the bonus game the multiplier can go up to x64.
Explosivo Wild (The skull with sunglasses) is a Wild symbol that substitutes for all symbols except the Scatter symbol. It will also explode all surrounding symbols in its proximity (minimum of 3 and maximum of 8) except Scatter symbols and high pay symbols.
If you get 3 or more Scatter symbols (the skull with red eyes), that will trigger the Bonus Game with free spins.
Amount of free spins credited in the Main Game:
- 3 Scatter symbols – 10 free spins.
- 4 Scatter symbols – 12 free spins.
- 5 Scatter symbols – 14 free spins.
During the Bonus Game, 2 or more Scatter symbols will trigger more free spins.
Amount of free spins credited in the Bonus Game:
- 2 Scatter symbols – 3 free spins.
- 3 Scatter symbols – 7 free spins.
- 4 Scatter symbols – 10 free spins.
- 5 Scatter symbols – 12 free spins.
Also in the Bonus Game for every third Explosivo Wild that is collected, one extra free spins is awarded. At the same time, the lowest multiplier is removed and the next base multiplier applies. When the meter is full, one last extra free spin will be awarded.
During the Bonus Game, the x64 Multiplier is revealed but locked until x32 Multiplier is the current base multiplier.
The maximum total bet multiplier for a total win is x5000 times the bet. If this limit is reached, no additional wins will be paid out on the top of this limit.
In conclusion Esqueleto Explosivo 2 is a very well made slot game with great animations and graphics. Especially the sounds rock, the singing skulls made me smile a lot during the testing play.
Also the gameplay is well thought out. Esqueleto Explosivo 2 combines a traditional 5 x 3 reel with dropping symbols. And there is also a increasing multiplier.
This is an example where the special features are simple and easy to understand, but the slot game works really well as a whole. This is a 10/10 slot in my opinion and definitely go have a test!
Other slot game with the same Day of the Dead theme is Sugar Skulls by Booming Games, which is also very cool slot game.
Game released: January 2020
RTP (Return to player): 96.13 %
Layout: 5 x 3
Betting lines: 99
Most interesting Thunderkick slots
Here are some of the most interesting Thunderkick slots I found from the selection. They all are worth checking out!
1. Roasty McFry and the Flame Busters (Published May 2017)
Roasty McFry and the Flame Busters is a 5 x 3 slot game with a very special 80’s computer game theme. Roasty McFry and the Flame Busters are firefighters and they are putting down fires in the building. The building windows act as places for slot symbols.
The 80’s theme is very well executed and the slot reminds me right away from 8-bit Nintendo or Commodore 64 games. Also the music and sounds are true to the games of that time. I enjoyed a lot playing this slot just because of the theme!
But let’s look more closer to the slot features.
There are 243 pay lines. The winning combination is formed when you get 3 or more symbols of the same type starting from reel 1. The symbol vertical position doesn’t matter as long as they are connected horizontally.
The Fire symbol is a mystery symbol that will be replaced by another symbol type, except for Wild and Scatter symbols. If you get multiple Fire symbols, they are replaced with a symbol of the same kind.
The Wild symbol (W) substitutes for any other symbol except the Scatter symbol.
The Scatter symbol (The red alarm bell) will grant you free spins like this:
- 3 Scatter symbols awards you 10 free spins
- 4 Scatter symbols awards you 15 free spins
- 5 Scatter symbols awards you 20 free spins
In the free spins Bonus Game there are also some extra features. You can collect Scatter symbols in order to advance upwards in the building.
Every 3 Scatter symbols collected, a new floor is unlocked and you are awarded with 2 extra free spins. For every floor unlocked, the lowest valued coin will turn into the Fire symbol for the remainder of the Bonus Game. Coins that have been turned into Fire symbols cannot be a Fire symbol replacement. This is called the Cold Ignition feature.
The Fire Drill feature can be triggered in the base game. Fire Drill can transform from 1 to 5 of the low win symbols into the Fire Symbol.
In conclusion Roasty McFry and the Flame Busters is a great slot game with very interesting free spins Bonus Game. Also the Fire symbols make an interesting twist to the game.
But the biggest praise goes to the really well executed theme! If you are born in the 80’s and loved the computer games of that time, you will love Flame Busters as well. Definitely thumbs up for this game!
Game released: May 2017
RTP (Return to player): 96.1 %
Layout: 5 x 3
Betting lines: 243
Max win: 5280x bet
2. Spectra (Published August 2016)
Spectra is a 5 x 4 slot game with neon colored vector-type computer graphics style symbols. The whole theme is very futuristic with synth wave style music in the background. The light effects are really cool.
The Wild symbol substitutes any other symbol and appear in stacks of 4. If you get a full Wild stack (Four Wilds on the same reel), it will trigger a respin.
There is also a Wild nudge feature. During each respin, the Wild stacks will nudge towards the center of the reels.
In conclusion Spectra slot looks great and the gameplay is very smooth. But the slot special features and bonuses are lacking something as there is not a free spins Bonus Game for example.
So Spectra got a little boring after a while in my testing session. I had big expectations when I found this game and made few test spins, but Spectra slot need some improvement in my opinion.
Don’t get me wrong, it is not a totally bad slot game, it just lacks something to be interesting for a longer period.
Game released: August 2016
RTP (Return to player): 96.4 %
Layout: 5 x 4
Betting lines: 30
Max win: 2400x bet
More interesting slots – Quick Picks
Here are some quick picks from Thunderkick slot selection with shorter introductions.
Highest RTP Thunderkick slots
These are the highest RTP (Return to player) percentage slots I found from Thunderkick. The list is arranged from highest RTP to lowest RTP percentage.
- 1429 Uncharted Seas – Released: Apr 2014 – Variance: Low – RTP: 98.5 %
- Børk the Berzerker – Released: Jun 2014 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 97.3 %
- Toki Time – Released: Apr 2014 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 97.1 %
- Barber Shop Uncut – Released: Jun 2017 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 97.0 %
- Fruit Warp – Released: Aug 2014 – Variance: High – RTP: 97.0 %
- Spectra – Released: Aug 2016 – Variance: High – RTP: 96.4 %
- Tiger Rush – Released: Oct 2018 – Variance: Medium/High – RTP: 96.3 %
- Sunset Delight – Released: Aug 2016 – Variance: Low – RTP: 96.3 %
- The Rift – Released: May 2016 – Variance: Medium/High – RTP: 96.3 %
- Luchadora – Released: Apr 2017 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 96.2 %
- Zoom – Released: Jul 2016 – Variance: Medium/High – RTP: 96.2 %
- Flux – Released: Nov 2014 – Variance: Low/Medium – RTP: 96.2 %
- Riders of the Storm – Released: Aug 2019 – Variance: Unknown – RTP: 96.15 %
- Divine Lotus – Released: Oct 2019 – Variance: High – RTP: 96.14 %
- Esqueleto Explosivo 2 – Released: Jan 2020 – Variance: High – RTP: 96.13 %
- Beat the Beast Kraken’s Lair – Released: Feb 2020 – Variance: High – RTP: 96.12 %
- Raven’s Eye – Released: June 2019 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 96.1 %
- Dragon Horn – Released: Apr 2019 – Variance: High – RTP: 96.1 %
- Midas Golden Touch – Released: Mar 2019 – Variance: Medium/High – RTP: 96.1 %
- Carnival Queen – Released: Feb 2019 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 96.1 %
- Rocket Fellas Inc – Released: Nov 2018 – Variance: High – RTP: 96.1 %
- Jaguar Temple – Released: Sep 2018 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 96.1 %
- Yeti Battle of Greenhat Peak – Released: May 2018 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 96.1 %
- Wild Heist at Peacock Manor – Released: Apr 2018 – Variance: High – RTP: 96.1 %
- The Falcon Huntress – Released: Jan 2018 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 96.1 %
- Not Enough Kittens – Released: Nov 2017 – Variance: Unknown – RTP: 96.1 %
- Pink Elephants – Released: Oct 2017 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 96.1 %
- Full Moon Romance – Released: Aug 2017 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 96.1 %
- Roasty McFry and the Flame Busters – Released: May 2017 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 96.1 %
- Well of Wonders – Released: Mar 2017 – Variance: Medium/High – RTP: 96.1 %
- Turning Totems – Released: Nov 2016 – Variance: Low/Medium – RTP: 96.1 %
- Frog Grog – Released: Oct 2016 – Variance: Medium/High – RTP: 96.1 %
- Arcader – Released: Dec 2014 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 96.1 %
- Birds on a Wire – Released: Apr 2014 – Variance: High – RTP: 96.0 %
- Magicious – Released: Jun 2014 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 96.0 %
- Esqueleto Explosivo – Released: Apr 2014 – Variance: Low – RTP: 96 %
- Babushkas – Released: Aug 2016 – Variance: Low – RTP: 95.8 %
- Sword of Khans – Released: Nov 2019 – Variance: Unknown – RTP: 95.36 %
Recommended Bitcoin Casinos with Thunderkick slots
These Bitcoin casinos are offering Thunderkick slots in their selection.
Here is the user rating summary of Thunderkick slot games:
How do you like Thunderkick slot games? Please share your thoughts below in the comment form!
Thank you for reading!