Platipus is a game developing studio based in the UK. The company was founded in 2010 and since then the company has made high quality slot games for online gaming industry.
At the moment Platipus has only slot games in their selection, but during 2020 there should be also HTML5 table games published according to Platipus website. Majority of the slot games are also made with modern HTML5 that allows gaming in all devices.
The random number generator of Platipus slots is licensed and verified by iTechLabs, which is an independent verifier company. This means that you can trust that the slots and games are fair and the game events are 100% random.
Platipus slot game features
Here are some features of Platipus slot games.
- Slot game selection features 42 slots and 5 table games.
- Most of the Platipus games are made with modern HTML5 technology that allows playing games on all platforms: desktop, tablets and mobile devices.
- Language selection consists of 15 languages.
- The RTP (Return to player) percentages are on the low side on many Platipus games as they are often around 95 %. Usually good or very good percentages are above 96 % or even 97 %.
New Platipus slots
Here are some of the newest Platipus slot games introduces.
1. Pirate’s Map (Published December 2020)
Pirate’s Map is a cartoonish 5-reel slot game with a Pirate theme. This slot is brand new Platipus slot released in February 2020.
The slot features these special symbols and features. Wild symbol (The Pirate) substitutes all symbols except Scatter, Money and Collect symbols. Wild appears on the reels 2, 3, 4 and 5 as a stacked symbol.
Scatter symbol (The Black Skull Flag) appears on reel 2, 3 and 4 only. If you get 3 Scatter symbols anywhere on the reels, it triggers the Free Spins feature with 8 Free Spins. You can also retrigger the free spins during the bonus game.
One big feature is the Collect Bonus.
If one or more Money symbols (The Chest) hit anywhere on the reels and a Collect symbol (The Map) hits on the reel 5, you will win all the Money symbol cash values added together. Each Money symbol contains either a cash award or 1 of 4 different Jackpot prizes.
The Money symbols vary from 25 to 875 bets per line wins. Note that this is bets per line, not total bet as in many slots. The Jackpot sizes are as followed:
- Grand Jackpot – 25 000 Bets per line.
- Major Jackpot – 12 500 Bets per line.
- Minor Jackpot – 2 500 Bets per line.
- Mini Jackpot – 1 250 Bets per line.
The Money symbol appears on reels 1, 2, 3 and 4 as a stacked symbol. The Collect symbol appears on reel 5 only.
In conclusion Pirate’s Map is quite entertaining slot game. The graphics are quite nice, but in the winning effects and animations other slot providers are a bit ahead.
There is a background music, but the volume is so low that you can barely hear it. The sounds consist only of few slot sounds, sea sounds and few winning jingles. Good audio in slots would bring some more immersion and gameplay feeling.
The RTP (Return to player) percentage is very low with only 95 %.
So Pirate’s Map is just one more “ok” slot game from Platipus. I personally would wish more innovative bonus features, slot layouts or better sounds to get ahead the tough slot competition. But if Pirate’s Map looks interesting, go take a look!
Game released: February 2020
RTP (Return to player): 95.0 %
Layout: 5 x 3
Betting lines: 25
2. Jackpot Lab (Published January 2019)
Jackpot Lab is a quite new slot game by Platipus that was published in December 2019.
There is a quite standard 5 x 3 slot board with major (the bottles) and minor (crystals) symbols. The Bottle symbols can appear with 1 – 3 bottles. Jackpot Lab features also Wild symbols, Scatter symbols that will trigger the Free Spins feature and Bonus symbols that trigger the Bonus Reel feature with jackpots.
If you get 5 x 3 Bottle symbols on the same payline, that will give the best payout. You can also combine bottles of the same color with 1 – 3 Bottle symbols.
Jackpot Lab features includes Wild symbols (The Blue Wizard symbol) that substitutes all symbols except Scatter and Bonus symbols.
Scatter symbols (The Book symbol) appear on reels 1, 3 and 5 only. If you get 3 Scatter symbols, the Free Spins feature will be triggered.
The free spins will include 8 Free Spins. The Free Spins feature is just like the regular game. At least I didn’t notice any differences or mentions in the slot info screen. Some special features in the bonus game is the thing you usually want to chase, so this was a little disappointment.
The Bonus symbol (The Purple Magical Pot symbol) appears on reels 2, 3 and 4 only. If you get 3 Bonus symbols anywhere on reels, the Bonus Reel feature will be triggered.
The Bonus Reel feature happens on the special reel 6. The spinner will point your cash prize from 160 to 720 x bets per line. There are also Jackpots to be won as the game name hints:
- Grand Jackpot – 40 000 x bets per line.
- Major Jackpot – 10 000 x bets per line.
- Minor Jackpot – 4 000 x bets per line.
- Mini Jackpot – 1 000 x bets per line.
Note that the multipliers are bets per line, not the total bet as in many other slots.
In conclusion Jackpot Lab is a quite average slot game. It functions well with animations and the gameplay. There are some bonus elements which are nice, but I would wish for some more action or innovations in the bonus games. The graphics however are very crisp and colorful and I actually liked them.
The sounds are a bit bland as there is no music in the regular gameplay. Only the Free Spins feature has some music in the background, but that’s it.
The RTP (Return to player) percentage is on the low side with 95.2 %.
Jackpot Lab is a slot game with nothing wrong there. It just lacks some excitement and features and will probably get lost in the sea of other better slots.
Game released: December 2019
RTP (Return to player): 95.2 %
Layout: 5 x 3
Betting lines / combinations: 40
Most popular Platipus slots
Here are some of the most popular Platipus slots introduced.
1. Rhino Mania
Rhino Mania is a 6-reel slot game with a favourite African wild animals theme.
There are 4096 winning lines. The winning lines count if you get adjacent symbols from left to right with no gaps from 3 to 6 symbols. So the vertical position in the reels doesn’t matter.
Wild symbol (the Rhino) substitutes all symbols except for Scatter symbols. Wilds appear on reels 2, 3, 4, and 5.
If you get 3 or more Scatter symbols in any position, that triggers the Bonus Game feature. Here are the different Free Spins amounts depending on the Scatter amounts:
- 3 Scatter symbols – 8 Free Spins + 2 x Total bet prize.
- 4 Scatter symbols – 15 Free Spins + 10 x Total bet prize.
- 5 Scatter symbols – 20 Free Spins + 50 x Total bet prize.
- 6 Scatter symbols – 50 Free Spins + 1000 x Total bet prize.
During the Bonus Game, the Wild symbols act as Multiplier Wild symbols at the same time. The multipliers are either x2 or x3. The wins can be also multiplied by many Wilds and the maximum multiplier is x81.
The Free Spins can be retriggered during the Bonus Game. In addition to the Free Spins amounts, in the Bonus Game 2 Scatter symbols will trigger 5 extra Free Spins.
There is also an Ultimate Bonus feature. If you play with max winning lines, the Free Spins Bonus Game will award you a minimum of 1x Total Bet winnings.
Rhino Mania is a well made slot game with decent bonus features with the Free Spins Bonus Game with extra Wild Multiplier symbols. The graphics are ok and the soundtrack also with the African themed music.
When compared to other Rhino-themed games (there are a lot of them!), Rhino Mania is doing ok, but doesn’t bring anything new to the genre.
But when comparing the RTP (Return to player) percentages, Rhino Mania is not doing well with just 95.0 % (Low). Other Rhino themed slots will have better RTP in general.
For example Great Rhino or Great Rhino Megaways from Pragmatic Play have a better RTP of 96.53 % or 96.48 % respectively. Mighty Africa: 4096 Ways from Playson also has quite low RTP like Rhino Mania with 95.10 %.
All in all Rhino Mania is definitely on the better side of Platipus slot games and it’s worth giving a try.
Game released: July 2019
RTP (Return to player): 95.0 %
Layout: 6 x 4
Betting lines: 4096
2. Lucky Cat
Lucky Cat is a slot game based on the Lucky Cat symbols, which are the cat statues that are waving one hand.
The Lucky Cats are called Maneki Neko in Japanese (meaning: beckoning cat) and they are very popular in Chinese and Japanese cultures. Here you can find more info about the Lucky Cat figures if you are interested.
But let’s look at the Lucky Cat slot game now.
The slot board consists of a regular 5 x 3 symbol grid.
Wild symbol substitutes for all symbols except Scatter and Bonus symbol. Wilds appear only on reels 2 – 5.
The Scatter symbol will multiply the win by total bet. If you get 3, 4 or 5 Scatter symbols, the multipliers are 2x, 50x and 200x Total bets respectively.
I couldn’t get 3 or more Scatter symbols at all in my quite long testing session, but my assumption is that 3 or more Scatters will multiply other winnings of the same spin by that multiplier. The Lucky Cat slot info screen text was quite hard to interpret what the multiplier actually does. But that is my guess now.
The Bonus symbols appear on the reels by stacks of 2 or 3 symbols. The values of Bonus symbols can vary between 50 and 250. Any combination with 6 or more Bonus symbols will activate the Respin feature.
The Respin feature means that the winnings are calculated by summing up the awards specified on each Bonus symbol.
You will get 3 Respins in the beginning. If an at least 1 additional Bonus symbol appears on the reels, the Respins will again be reset to 3. All Bonus symbols are sticky until the end of the bonus.
You will win the Grand Jackpot (100 000x bets per line) if all symbol positions are filled with a Bonus symbol. Please note that the Jackpot multiplier is times bets per line, not times the bet like usually on slot games.
In conclusion Lucky Cat is a very colorful slot game with fluent gameplay. The slot feeling would benefit from a soundtrack, as there were no background music whatsoever. Also the sounds are quite basic.
Slot features also lack something. I couldn’t test the Scatter feature at all, as I couldn’t catch 3 or more Scatters during the whole testing.
The Respin feature happened few times and that was ok. In my opinion the features could need something more for the slot to be more interesting after a while.
The RTP (Return to player) percentage is really low with 95.0 %.
Lucky Cat is an ok slot game with very few features. To be honest it was not my favourite and got boring after a short time.
Game released: May 2019
RTP (Return to player): 95.0 %
Layout: 5 x 3
Betting lines: 20
Highest RTP Platipus slots
These are the highest RTP (Return to player) percentage slots I found from Platipus. In general the average RTP percentage of Platipus slots is around 95 %, which can be considered quite low. Usually other slot providers have RTPs around 96 % or even over 97 %.
So here are all the slots from Platipus, arranged from high RTP to low RTP. I added also release dates and variances (if found) to make you slot choice easier.
- Jackpot Lab – Released Dec 2019 – Variance: Unknown – RTP: 95.2 %
- Great Ocean – Released Oct 2018 – Variance: Unknown – RTP: 95.09 %
- Fruity Sevens – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 95.09 %
- Fiery Planet – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 95.09 %
- Lucky Money – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 95.09 %
- Arabian Tales – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: High – RTP: 95.03 %
- Power of Poseidon – Released Mar 2018 – Variance: Unknown – RTP: 95.03 %
- Crystal Sevens – Released May 2018 – Variance: Unknown – RTP: 95.03 %
- Pharaoh’s Empire – Released Apr 2019 – Variance: Unknown – RTP: 95.02 %
- Safari Adventures – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: High – RTP: 95.02 %
- Princess of Birds – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: Unknown – RTP: 95.02 %
- Magical Mirror – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 95.02 %
- Juicy Spins – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: High – RTP: 95.02 %
- Webby Heroes – Released June 2019 – Variance: Unknown – RTP: 95.01 %
- Legend of Atlantis – Released July 2018 – Variance: Low – RTP: 95.01 %
- Pirate’s Map – Released Feb 2020 – Variance: Unknown – RTP: 95.0 %
- Jade Valley – Released Jan 2019 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 95.0 %
- Lucky Cat – Released May 2019 – Variance: Unknown – RTP: 95.0 %
- Rhino Mania – Released July 2019 – Variance: Unknown – RTP: 95.0 %
- Aztec Coins – Released Nov 2019 – Variance: Unknown – RTP: 95.0 %
- Chinese Tigers – Released Sep 2019 – Variance: Unknown – RTP: 95.0 %
- Cinderella – Released Apr 2018 – Variance: Unknown – RTP: 95.0 %
- Jungle Spin – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: High – RTP: 95.0 %
- Neon Classic – Released Jan 2019 – Variance: Unknown – RTP: 95.0 %
- Crazy Jelly – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: High – RTP: 95.0 %
- Bison Trail – Released Feb 2019 – Variance: Unknown – RTP: 94.99 %
- Cleo’s Gold – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 94.99 %
- Lucky Dolphin – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: High – RTP: 94.99 %
- Mega Drago – Released Aug 2018 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 94.99 %
- Book of Egypt – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: High – RTP: 94.98 %
- Triple Dragon – Released Jan 2018 – Variance: High – RTP: 94.98 %
- Richy Witchy – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: High – RTP: 95.0 %
- Magical Wolf – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: High – RTP: 94.99 %
- Power of Gods – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 94.99 %
- Monkey’s Journey – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: Medium – RTP: 94.99 %
- Fairy Forest – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: Low – RTP: 94.99 %
- Mistress of Amazon – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: High – RTP: 94.98 %
- Love Is – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: High – RTP: 94.98 %
- Crocoman – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: High – RTP: 94.98 %
- Jewel Bang – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: Low – RTP: 94.98 %
- Aztec Temple – Released May 2017 – Variance: High – RTP: 94.97 %
- Sakura Wind – Released Oct 2017 – Variance: Unknown – RTP: 94.96 %
Recommended Bitcoin Casinos with Platipus slots
These Bitcoin casinos are offering Platipus slots in their selection.
Here is the user rating summary of Platipus slot games:
How do you like Platipus slot games? Please share your thoughts below in the comment form!
Thank you for reading!
Sources for this article:
- Platipus website
- Slotcatalog.com for some slot data