Blockchain Poker is an online poker room founded in 2016 where you can play cash games, sit n go and regular tournaments with cryptocurrencies. The only poker type is No Limit Hold’em at the moment.
Blockchain Poker supports Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and Bitcoin SV (BSV) natively. You can also deposit other cryptos that convert to these 3 cryptocurrencies.
In a nutshell Blockchain Poker offers a minimalistic and basic poker client, but everything works well. There are mostly small micro-games available and not much higher stakes, but Blockchain Poker is a very promising and developing project for cryptocurrency poker fans!
|Casino||Bonus||Features||Go to site|
|300 Satoshi free bonus|
No deposit bonus is 100 Satoshi per each crypto.
|Crypto poker room founded in 2016|
No Limit Texas Hold’em
Cash games, Sit n Go’s and tournaments
Table of Contents
This page contains affiliate links. Read the affiliate disclosure here.
1. Features and Facts
Blockchain Poker is an online cryptocurrency poker room founded in 2016 where you can play cash games, sit n go tournaments and regular tournaments. The only poker type is No Limit Texas Hold’em at the moment.
It is also possible to create your own public or private poker tables at Blockchain Poker. This brings some excellent possibilities for friends who live far from each other and want to play some poker against each other.
Blockchain Poker offers a free no deposit bonus of 300 Satoshi for all new customers. The bonus can be had to 100 Satoshi for each of the 3 cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV.
The bonus can be reclaimed with unlimited times when you run out, which is nice. Read more about the no deposit bonus here.
The rake in cash games is very low in higher stakes games, but on an average or high level in micro games like 1/2 Satoshi blinds.
In general the rake is a lot smaller if you play with Bitcoin Cash than Bitcoin. This is because the rake percentage goes up with bigger blind levels and the value of BCH is smaller – so you will pay less to the house.
Here you can read more about the rake in cash games.
Creating your account
When you first go to Blockchain Poker, you will get an account made for you with the no deposit bonuses already in place. If you want, you can change your username and set a password if you would like to access the same account later on.
No email or ID’s are needed, only name and password is enough.
Someone could call Blockchain Poker as an anonymous poker site, but more accurately the site is a pseudonymous site. This means that your cryptocurrency transfers are visible and someone can in theory check that Person X has made these deposits and withdrawals to the site. But if nobody knows that you are that Person X, your poker playing is technically very close to anonymous playing.
All in all, everything works well in creating the account and you can start playing No Limit Texas Hold’em in minutes or seconds after going to the site.
Deposits and withdrawals
Blockchain Poker supports Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and Bitcoin SV (BSV) natively.
You can also deposit other cryptos that convert to these 3 cryptocurrencies. This conversion happens via SideShift.ai plugin on the Blockchain Poker website. SideShift.ai supports over 20 cryptocurrencies like Ethereum, Litecoin, Lumens, Monero, USDt, Dash, Dogecoin and Zcash.
Depositing regular currencies like US Dollars or Euros is also possible via Paxful.com, but I didn’t test this option now. Paxful is a peer-to-peer finance platform for trading Bitcoin.
Private cash games or tournaments in Blockchain Poker
Blockchain Poker offers a possibility to create your own public or private poker tables. This brings some excellent possibilities for friends who live far from each other and want to play some poker against each other.
Different private games you can create are below. All games are No Limit Texas Hold’em with BTC, BCH or BSV.
- Cash games
- Public or private with password
- 9 or 6 seats or heads up
- Blinds can be only 1/2 Satoshi at the moment
- Sit n Go tournaments
- From 3 to 9 seats or headsup
- Custom starting stack (mini, regular or deep stacks)
- Rake is 5 %, so if buy in is 1000 Satoshi, 950 goes to prize pool and 50 goes to house
- Adjustable turn time
- Custom logo option
- 6 or 9 seats
- You can adjust Buy In and Guaranteed Pot
- Also possible to create freerolls
- Participant limit can vary from 2 to 400
- Tournament can be scheduled to the date you want
- Custom starting stack (mini, regular or deep stacks)
- Adjustable turn time
- Custom logo option
- Option to write Sponsor name and Sponsor link if you want to promote your own business for example
In conclusion the private games are a very good addition to the regular games. This brings a lot of possibilities for friends living far away. I just got an idea of private poker games with voice chat on Discord and a lot of beer. This has to be tested some day!
Blockchain Poker in mobile devices
Blockchain Poker works ok in mobile devices both in vertical and horizontal mode. I used my iPhone XS in the tests, but there shouldn’t be a problem with other devices.
The interface is really light with basic graphics and loads fast.
Sometimes when clicking the bet size higher with faster clicks, the browser went to zoom in with double click. But using the bet slider helped in this.
No problems in mobile usage otherwise, great job!
If you want to refer Blockchain Poker to your friends, there is an Affiliate Program available. The Affiliate Program gives you 8 % of the total rake generated by the players you bring in.
You can just go to Blockchain Poker and create your own player account. In the Menu you can find the Affiliate Program and the link you can share to your friends.
Pros and cons
Here are pros and cons of Blockchain Poker.
- Pseudonymous poker playing with just username and password, no even an email needed.
- You can create your own cash games, sit n gos and tournaments, private or public.
- Fast and simple interface that works in all devices including mobile devices.
- Lot of micro level games going on.
- Blockchain Poker is developing features all the time. Read more from About -> Changelog and Roadmap.
- Good unlimited no deposit bonus (though quite small) to all players.
- Up to 50 % rakeback is possible (however needs gathering a lot of Points).
- Blockchain Poker can be found on Twitter, Reddit, Telegram and Discord.
- Very basic graphics with minimal animations and no player avatars.
- No Omaha or other poker types (Only No Limit Texas Hold’em).
- Very few medium- or high stakes poker games available for more regular casual players.
Things to consider:
- There is no info about the company or people behind Blockchain Poker.
|Social Media Accounts||Twitter, Discord, Telegram, Reddit|
|Cryptocurrencies||Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Bitcoin SV (BSV)|
|FIAT currencies||United States dollar (USD), Canadian dollar (CAD), European euro (EUR)|
|Casino software providers||Proprietary|
|Provably fair games||No|
2. Bonuses and Rakeback
Blockchain Poker offers these kinds kinds of no deposit bonuses.
No deposit bonus
Blockchain Poker offers a free no deposit bonus, total of 300 Satoshi:
- The bonus can be had to 100 Satoshi for each of the 3 cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV.
- This makes a total of 300 Satoshi bonus for all new customers.
- Bonus can be reclaimed unlimited times if you run out of cash.
There are no wagering requirements for the bonuses, but the minimum withdrawal limit is 100,000 Satoshi = 0.001 BTC.
With quite big rake in micro tables, rising up from 100 Satoshi to 100,000 Satoshi can take some skills and time. But nevertheless the bonus is very good to test how the poker site functions and works out!
You can check the rakeback deals from the Blockchain Poker Menu -> Rewards. In a nutshell your rakeback goes from 0 % to even up to 50 % like the following table.
When you play, you will be rewarded Points. There is no mention how the Points are calculated however. If you get enough Points, you can then “cash out” Chips that function as a rakeback deal.
The rakeback table goes like this:
- For 100k points – You get 100 Chips (1 % rakeback)
- For 250k points – You get 500 Chips (2 % rakeback)
- For 500k points – You get 1500 Chips (3 % rakeback)
- For 2500k points – You get 10k Chips (4 % rakeback)
- For 10M points – You get 50k Chips (5 % rakeback)
- For 25M points – You get 250k Chips (10 % rakeback)
- For 50M points – You get 750k Chips (15 % rakeback)
- For 150M points – You get 3000k Chips (20 % rakeback)
- For 300M points – You get 7500k Chips (25 % rakeback)
- For 600M points – You get 18M Chips (40 % rakeback)
- For 2000M points – You get 100M Chips (50 % rakeback)
3. Bonus Codes
No bonus codes are required to get the deposit bonuses. Just go to Blockchain Poker using the links on this page.
4. Cash Games
When testing Blockchain Poker, there were about 15 cash game tables open. Most of the tables were full tables (9 seats), but there were few 6-max (6 seats) tables also open. The only game in cash games (and all other games also) is Texas No Limit Hold’em.
Here are the blind levels open when writing this:
- 1 table open with blinds 100k / 200k Satoshi (BCH) (About $0.20 / $0.40)
- 1 table open with blinds 10k / 20k Satoshi (BTC) (About $0.65 / $1.30)
- 1 table open with blinds 100 / 200 Satoshi (BCH) (About $0.0002 / $0.0004)
- Over 10 tables open with blinds 1 / 2 Satoshi (BCH) (About $0.000065 / $0.000130)
So there are very few tables open if you like for example popular casual poker levels like NL50, NL100 or NL200 (Blinds $0.25/$0.50, $0.50/$1 or $1/$2).
However if playing with micro or super-micro levels is ok, there are plenty of cash game tables to choose from.
Rake in cash games
Rake in the Blockchain Poker cash games can be seen below in the list. The rake caps are different depending on the player amount in the table.
One thing that’s good to keep in mind about the rake schedule is that according to Blockchain Poker, 1/2-100/200 Satoshi blind levels are really only played by those who are using the free bonus chips. The higher % doesn’t really impact those playing with their own Satoshis.
So in conclusion, rake is quite high in small blind levels (1/2 – 100/200), but average or very low in higher stakes than those.
NOTE! If you play with Bitcoin Cash, the rake is smaller than playing with Bitcoin. This is because the USD value of BCH is smaller, so you can play with bigger blind levels. The more bigger the blind levels are, the lower the rake will be.
You could also play with Bitcoin SV, but the most of the open tables are for Bitcoin Cash.
The rake table in No Limit Texas Hold’em cash games:
Stakes (in Satoshi) – % Rake – 2 Player Cap – 3-4 Player Cap – 5+ Player Cap
- Blinds 1/2 – Rake 5.00% – No Cap – No Cap – No Cap
- Blinds 2/5 – Rake 2.75% – Cap 50 – Cap 75 – Cap 100
- Blinds 5/10 – Rake 2.75% – Cap 100 – Cap 150 – Cap 200
- Blinds 10/20 – Rake 2.50% – Cap 200 – Cap 300 – Cap 400
- Blinds 25/50 – Rake 2.50% – Cap 500 – Cap 750 – Cap 1000
- Blinds 50/100 – Rake 2.25% – Cap 1000 – Cap 1500 – Cap 2000
- Blinds 100/200 – Rake 2.25% – Cap 2000 – Cap 3000 – Cap 4000
- Blinds 250/500 – Rake 2.00% – Cap 5000 – Cap 7500 – Cap 10k
- Blinds 500/1k – Rake 2.00% – Cap 10k – Cap 15k – Cap 20k
- Blinds 1k/2k – Rake 1.75% – Cap 20k – Cap 30k – Cap 40k
- Blinds 2.5k/5k – Rake 1.75% – Cap 40k – Cap 60k – Cap 75k
- Blinds 5k/10k – Rake 1.50% – Cap 60k – Cap 85k – Cap 100k
- Blinds 10k/20k – Rake 1.50% – Cap 70k – Cap 100k – Cap 125k
- Blinds 25k/50k – Rake 1.25% – Cap 80k – Cap 120k – Cap 150k
- Blinds 50k/100k – Rake 1.25% – Cap 90k – Cap 150k – Cap 225k
- Blinds 100k/200k – Rake 1.00% – Cap 100k – Cap 175k – Cap 300k
- Blinds 250k/500k – Rake 1.00% – Cap 150k – Cap 250k – Cap 450k
- Blinds 500k/1M – Rake 0.75% – Cap 250k – Cap 400k – Cap 600k
- Blinds 1M/2M – Rake 0.50% – Cap 350k – Cap 500k – Cap 750k
- Blinds 2.5M/5M – Rake 0.25% – Cap 500k – Cap 750k – Cap 900k
- Blinds 5M/10M – Rake 0.10% – Cap 1000k – Cap 1000k – Cap 1000k
Is the level of rake high or low? Let’s compare one level to regular online poker sites like Party Poker.
On Blockchain Poker the rake is on the level 100k/200k BCH ($0.23 / $0.46) is like this:
- Rake: 1.00 %
- Cap with 2 players (heads-up): 100k BCH (About $0.23)
- Cap with 3-4 players: 175k BCH (About $0.40)
- Cap with 5+ players:300k BCH (About $0.68)
Let’s compare this to Party Poker. On Party the rake on level $0.25/$0.50 No Limit is like followed:
- Rake in heads-up games: Maximum of 5 % ($0.05 per $1.00 pot) with cap of $1
- 3-4 Players: Maximum of 5 % ($0.01 per $0.20 pot) with cap of $2
- 5-10 Players: Maximum of 5 % ($0.01 per $0.20 pot) with cap of $3
So in conclusion the rake on Blockchain Poker is very low compared to regular online poker sites like Party Poker when playing higher stakes poker games.
However in micro games with blinds for example 1/2 Satoshi the rake goes higher to 5 % with no caps, so the rake can be considered average or high.
5. Sit n Go Tournaments
Blockchain Poker offers also Sit n Go tournaments. If you are not familiar with the term, it means a tournament with only one table. Usually the player amount is 6 (called 6-max sit n gos), but there are also heads-up sit n gos and sit n gos with more players up to 9 or 10 players.
Usually in 6 player sit n gos, the winner takes the most of the prize pool and the second gets a smaller prize. In 9 player tourmanents usually 3 best gets prizes.
Rake in Sit n Go Tournaments
The rake in Sit n Go tournaments is 5 %.
There are a lot of different tournaments available. There are also daily freerolls. Below you can see the selection when writing this article.
Rake in Tournaments
The rake in tournaments is 5 %.
7. Terms and Conditions
Please read the full Terms and Conditions from the Blockchain Poker website -> Menu -> About – TOS.
Here are the most important Terms and Conditions that I found from the Blockchain Poker website terms, explained in my words:
- You have to be 18 years of age to play at Blockchain Poker.
- It is the “it is the User’s responsibility to ensure that their use of the Service is lawful”. Meaning you have to know if you can play online poker and use cryptocurrencies in your country.
- Collusion is prohibited in the play, meaning playing with multiple computers and watching your friends cards against another opponent or opponents.
In conclusion Blockchain Poker offers a minimalistic and basic poker client, but everything works well. There are mostly small micro-games available and not much higher stakes, but Blockchain Poker is a very promising and developing project for cryptocurrency poker fans!
Most importantly, you can play pseudonymous Texas No Limit Hold’em almost instantly and there are enough players for cash games, sit n gos and tournaments.
Unfortunately at the moment there isn’t many medium or high stakes (for a casual player) tables open, but let’s hope that gets better in the future when Blockchain Poker more players.
In my opinion Blockchain Poker is a very interesting project and I can recommend it to all crypto-poker fans out there without hesitation.
What is Blockchain poker?Blockchain Poker is an online poker room founded in 2016 where you can play cash games, sit n go and regular tournaments with cryptocurrencies. The only poker type is No Limit Hold’em at the moment.
Since when is Blockchain poker operating?Blockchain poker has been offering crypto and fiat poker since 2016.
Can I play fiat at Blockchain poker?Yes, you have several options including United States dollar (USD), Canadian dollar (CAD), and European euro (EUR).
Does Blockchain poker offer rakeback?Yes, you can check the rakeback deals from the Blockchain Poker Menu -> Rewards. In a nutshell your rakeback goes from 0 % to even up to 50 % like the following table.
10. User Reviews
Here is the user rating summary for Blockchain Poker:
Your experiences about Blockchain Poker? Please share your thoughts and write a review below.