Pragmatic Play’s latest release gets you ready for a cozy winter in front of the board games. Snakes, ladders, bananas and big wins are all waiting for your arrival!
Darkness Means Board Games
Colder temperatures and darker days have arrived like a letter in the mailbox. My feelings about it are always mixed as there are pros and cons with all of it. One thing is certain, people will spend more time indoors.
One thing that is a result of that is the fact that people play more board games. In recent years, there has been an increasing demand for board games both online and offline. It’s a challenge to combine board games with casino play but this year, Pragmatic Play has spent extra time on it and they have delivered.
Their latest release, Snakes & Ladders – Snake Eyes, does it all. Find your way to the bonus round and get ready to throw the dice and move around the board.
Let’s get this party started.
Bring Back the Classics
When it comes to board games, Snakes and Ladders is a classic. It’s not the first game that comes to mind but who knows, after playing this slot maybe it will.
Bananas, snakes, dice and the rest of the symbols don’t give me much hope. I have to be honest when I say that being a Pragmatic Play game, I expected more in terms of graphics. However, there’s a chance they went really old school in order to celebrate the original board game.
The style is very Nintendo, if that makes sense, especially since Donkey Kong himself makes an appearance.
Features Upon Feature
I’m sorry, I wish that was the case but it’s actually a lie. There’s only one big feature and that’s of course the Snakes & Ladders Board Bonus. It should come as no surprise that you’ll need a minimum of 3 bonus symbols to trigger it.
- 3 Scatters = 12 Dice Rolls
- 4 Scatters = 14 Dice Rolls
- 5 Scatters = 16 Dice Rolls
Welcome to the Snakes & Ladders Board Bonus Round
An ocean wave will wash away the base game and transport you to a 12×12 board, filled with 144 squares. I found myself reacting and thinking, ok, this is something different.
Navigate Through the Multipliers and Traps
While on the board, you will be represented by a Gorilla head, starting of course at square one. You will see the board showing a variety of multipliers, snakes and ladders.
Let’s Roll the Dice
For every roll, there are two dice that are used. After the roll, the Gorilla head will move around the grid according to the result of the dice.
The squares in play can get you one of the following:
- Money Award – Here comes a random value from 4x to 100x your total bet. The amount will be added to your total win.
- Multiplier – The multiplier will multiply your total win up until that point.
- Ladder – This is a shortcut that will take you from a lower square to one higher up on the grid. When you land on the lower part of the ladder, it will automatically move all the way up to the top of it.
- Snake – Here comes the opposite because if you land on a snake, you will slide down again. If you land on the top of the snake, you will quickly find yourself at the bottom of it.
- Banana – If a banana comes your way, it will trigger a sequence where random money values are awarded to the grid in random positions and remove all other bananas.
- Final Position – For the player who can make it all the way up to the 144th and last position on the board, you will get a juicy 1,000x multiplier!
Meet the Rope Charmer
I was lucky enough to meet the snake charmer, or in this case he’s the rope charmer. He can appear at random and will help you move to a random position further up the grid. Thank you, sir!
As soon as you enter the bonus game, you are guaranteed a 20x win, which is nice of them. I’ve had the experience of not winning a single cent in some bonus rounds before so having a guarantee is appreciated, no matter how small it is.
There are a couple of more goodies in there, for example that if the dice shows 1-1, there will be an extra roll.
I honestly didn’t know what to expect in this game but I always have high expectations of Pragmatic. Normally I may have shut the game down after 3 spins, considering how bad I think it looked. Luckily, I wanted to find out what the board game was all about and eventually I managed to trigger it and get the full experience.
It was fun to see something different and the Snakes & Ladders Snake Eyes bonus game really is.
If you want to change things up and try something new, I recommend giving this one a chance. With Donkey Kong, snakes, ladders and bananas around, you never know what’s going to happen.