Not too long ago it was evident that Bitcoin was undoubtedly the most preferred payment method at crypto casinos. Words like Bitcoin Bonuses, Bitcoin Tournaments, and even Bitcoin Casinos were splattered everywhere we looked. It became anonymous with crypto gambling and it kind of felt that if you didn’t own any Bitcoin, you couldn’t join in the fun.
But, times have changed and although crypto casinos now accept a whole array of cryptocurrencies, Ethereum is fast on its way to becoming the most preferred payment option, not only by online casinos but by players alike.
This doesn’t surprise me in the least though, because although Ethereum carries many of the same benefits of gambling with Bitcoin, it also carries many advantages specific to Ethereum itself.
Massive respect for Bitcoin for being a true pioneer but the thing about being a frontier settler is that everything that comes afterward is based on the same great innovation, only better.
Think about it this way. After the revolutionary Ford Model T was launched back in 1908, it took car manufacturers over 10 years to get vehicles on the market that were more reliable, faster, comfortable, and just plain better, even though the Ford Model T still goes down in history books as one of the most innovative and revolutionary inventions ever.
Now, the same can be said about Bitcoin because although Bitcoin pioneered the concept of decentralized peer-to-peer transactions, Ethereum took the philosophy one step further by facilitating the entire exchange of services or products through smart contracts.
And, this makes transactions smoother, faster, and safer while still keeping the need for bureaucracy and intermediaries to a bare minimum.
Because crypto transactions take place digitally, it is generally faster than FIAT transactions but even good old Bitcoin can sometimes take up to 15 minutes at busy times because Bitcoin processes around four transactions per second.
Ethereum on the other hand can process up to 15 transactions per second but when Ethereum 2.0 is fully merged in 2023, this number will significantly rise to up to 100,000 transactions per second. And, all of a sudden we’re comparing the Ford Model T to a Tesla Model Y!
The Carbon Footprint
And, while we’re comparing cars, the Tesla comparison continues as we look into sustainability. It’s no secret that Bitcoin mining uses a massive amount of electricity thanks to its proof of work concept that requires colossal computer processing power.
And, as these demands are only getting bigger, it has become a serious problem as energy prices are on the rise and our focus is supposed to be heading towards our carbon footprint.
This in itself has already made Bitcoin mining feasible only on a commercial scale while Ethereum’s proof of stake concept does away with these unrealistic energy demands.
Simply put, it is a more responsible and practical solution from a sustainable point of view.
If you take all these facts into consideration, I’m sure you’ll agree that Ethereum is seriously giving Bitcoin a run for its money and that it is evident that Ethereum will soon be the number one crypto payment solution at online casinos.
It’s a win-win situation for both the casino and the player and when a situation like this comes knocking on the door, casinos generally tend to offer players rewards by steering them in the desired direction.
What does this mean for you and me? Well, I suppose an Ethereum joyride that’ll be stacked with massive bonuses, promotions and tournaments, and many other perks such as:
- Lower and higher deposit and withdrawal limits for using Ethereum.
- Lower fees, faster transaction speeds, and completely anonymous gambling.
- Safer, more user-friendly, and more secure transactions.
- More Ethereum Casinos to choose from.
- And, even more provably fair games.
Where to find Ethereum Casinos
Look no further! I’ve compiled a list of my favorite Ethereum Casinos that I’ve reviewed with my usual cynical eagle eyes that will not only give you a unique gaming experience, fast deposits and withdrawals, provably fair games, but also the most lucrative bonuses and promotions that you can possibly find, anywhere!
BitStarz – Pros
- Amazing exclusive welcome bonus for Bitcoin Casino Kings players
- Experienced cryptocurrency casino established in 2014
- Multi Award Winning crypto casino
- Supports cryptocurrencies and also FIAT currencies like USD or EUR
- 4000+ games ready to play from the best developers
- Lots of special promotions like Table Wars or Slot Wars
- Excellent Live Casino
- Great slots selection
- Accepts Altcoins and fiat
- Huge bonuses
BitStarz – Cons
- Game search works a bit clumsy
- Not all games are playable with cryptocurrencies
- The deposit amount must be wagered before withdrawal request will be approved
- No privacy coins like Zcash or Monero
mBit Casino – Pros
- Experienced and continuously developing crypto casino founded in 2014.
- Good VIP program
- Huge deposit bonuses and free spins available in all 6 cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Bitcoin Cash and Tether (USDT)
- Reasonable wagering requirements of 40x (exclusive first deposit bonus), 35x (regular 1st and 2nd deposit) and 30x (third deposit bonus)
- Informative and minimalistic casino lobby which works fast
- Bonuses are valid for 30 days, so you have a lot of time to wager through them
mBit Casino – Cons
- The license from Curacao is not the most trustworthy
7Bit Casino – Pros
- Provably fair games
- Licensed crypto casino
- Exclusive 7Bit slots
- Free chip bonuses
- Great selection of payment methods
7Bit Casino – Cons
- Not the best withdrawal limits
- No live chat option
- Bonus had to be added manually
Cloudbet – Pros
- One of the oldest cryptocurrency betting sites and casinos: founded in 2013
- Great first deposit bonus with 365 days time to clear it
- Very clear and informative lobby which works fast
- Good betting options and nice selection of casino games
Cloudbet – Cons
- Many games still work with Adobe Flash (old and clumsy technology)
- NetEnt games work only with Euros, which you cannot deposit. Weird…
- The casino has been around since 2014, it is an experienced Bitcoin casino
- Excellent deposit bonuses and no deposit bonuses, also for Altcoins
- Very good selection of over 2700 games with live casino games
- No withdrawal fees and withdrawals are instant
- The support is fast and helpful
- 19 provably fair games
- Casino, Live Casino and Sports betting available
- The deposit amount must be turned over (wagered) 2 times before withdrawal request will be approved