How to stay safe with Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies?
The nonstop increase (and decline) of Bitcoin price over dollar has shown its reverse side. It has given birth to a brand new cybercrime industry based on numerous scams.
The new types of cybercrime includes forms like this:
- Fake Bitcoin exchanges
- Rogue Bitcoin wallets
- Bitcoin ponzi schemes
- Cloud mining false promises
- In-person trading thefts
I am thinking if I wrote a longer article about these subjects. Please let me know in the comments if you would like that?
In the mean time here are my best tips how to be safe in cryptocurrency world.
My personal tips how to stay safe with Bitcoin
So what are my personal tips on cryptocurrency safety? I personally like to play it super safe. Maybe it is sometimes even too much, but you can’t be too safe right?
- I use a F-Secure VPN service to surf anonymously. A VPN app can help you do many things, such as stay anonymous online, hide your IP address (change your IP location) and make you safe on any WiFI hotspot.
- My passwords are only stored on paper in a safe. There is also passwords in different locations in case of a fire or some other event. I can’t sleep well if my passwords are stored only on a computer.
- I always check the website address on my browser bar before logging in to avoid fake sites.
- I use a Ledger Nano S cryptocurrency USB-wallet device to store my cryptocurrencies.
- If I sign up to a new service, I always google for other people’s experiences about it.
- I always thing twice. If something is too good to be true, it probably is!